Monday, February 23, 2009

The New Phonebooks are Here!!! The New Phonebooks are Here!!!


O.K., not the new phonebooks, but a book I have been awaiting, with the same anticipation that Navin R. Johnson, born a poor black boy in Mississippi, had for the book that would make him "Somebody".

The National Academy of Science has finally published their findings from a Congressional request to assess the value of forensic science in the U.S.. It's 254 pages long, and I have not yet had a chance to read it... but the reviews are in... with the exception of DNA analysis, Forensics is pretty much BS.

The report is available in various formats from 33 bucks to 50. But, it can be perused online for free.

For summaries from people I steal from better at this blawg thing than I... go to Simple Justice and Grits for Breakfast.

I expect an increase in Daubert hearings in the coming months!

In the mean time, stay away from cans!

No comments:

Post a Comment